Home

29.11.11

Jewelry Roll Hell



So, I decided against tackling the jewelry roll on my own, and decided to just go ahead and buy one. What happened? I told my mom to get me one since she was at the store already. What did I end up with? That HUGE jewelry roll on the right, which fits probably all the jewelry I own.

This was a problem. This jewelry roll was not only not a roll, but something you hang, but it was also three feet tall. WHERE in the WORLD would I fit that? And why would my mom think I would need that much storage for my trip. I am an overpacker, yes, but this does not mean I take EVERYTHING. ESPECIALLY when I will be staying God knows where and I am not about to leave valuables lying around. Everything I take with me is plastic or not worth much. 

Then, as I went to exchange the monstrosity, I found its replacement (the one on the left). It is not exactly like I wanted it, nor does it resemble in any way to the one I wanted to make for myself, but it'll do, pig, it'll do. It was cheaper than anything I'd find on Etsy and frankly, easier than frustrating over my own work. Also, quicker. Just in case I didn't have time to do all I wanted. Plus, the fabric is super cute and it's got space for my flat iron. Bonus points for me. 

I'll let you know how it turns out when I actually get the chance to use it... But, since the store didn't let me do the exchange, it seems I am forever stuck with the monster of a jewelry roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment