Home

5.3.12

Nutella Pecan Oatmeal





When I read the descriptions of recipes I find out there, I absolutely HATE when they say "a new twist" on whatever recipe. It's overused to the point of ridiculousness. Why not say "my version of"? Or, perhaps, "something extra for"?

Anyways, I always want to take what I make in the kitchen to the next level, and this morning I decided I wanted Nutella AND oatmeal. I wanted both at the same time. So this abomination was born.

Nutella Pecan Oatmeal
Makes 1 serving 


3/4 cup (96 grams) Oats
1 1/2 cup (354 mL) milk (I used soy milk)
3 tsp Splenda Brown Sugar Blend (or regular brown sugar to taste)
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp Nutella
1/4 cup (32 grams) Pecans, chopped into smaller pieces

In a small sauce pan, pour milk and heat until it starts to boil. Add oats, pecans, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon. Stir, stir and stir some more.

When the oats have absorbed all the milk and reached desired consistency, add the Nutella and continue stirring. Serve.

Enjoy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment