Home

1.6.12

Nutella S'mores Cheesecake Squares

So I had two blocks of cream cheese sitting in the refrigerator and waiting for me to use them. I guess I've always been saving them for cheesecake, but I wanted to make something other than regular cheesecake. I also had a big batch of graham crackers sitting around ever since I made this.

Also, I had recently bought a bag of mini marshmallows, you know, "just in case"... in case of THIS!

I had the inspiration from here.

Since I don't have this round springform thingy, I used a square baking dish and my cheesecake turned into cheesecake squares. But, who cares about the shape when all I'm interested in is how it tastes like? :) Exactly.

In addition, I tried to make this as healthy as I could. I need to cut back on the sugar, but somehow my ovaries keep demanding it. Or is it my crazy pancreas? Well, my crazy pancreas should be telling me NOT to eat any of these things, but alas, I gave into temptation.

Another thing... I used my iPhone camera, so I apologize for the bad quality and ugly pictures. I assure you this thing is much better than it looks!

Nutella S'mores Cheesecake Squares


Makes... well, that depends on how big you cut them, doesn't it?

Preheat oven 325F

Crust
1 1/2 cups of graham crackers (one sleeve)
1/4 cup sugar  (I used 2 tablespoon of Splenda® Sugar Blend)
1/2 cup of butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla extract

Pulse graham crackers in the food processor and add the sugar. Melt butter and then pour it into the food processor and pulse again until graham crackers are moist.

Coat baking pan with cooking spray and add the graham cracker mixture and press it in.

Refrigerate while you make the filling.

Filling
2 blocks of cream cheese 1/3 reduced fat (8oz)
1/2 pint sour cream (8oz)
1/2 cup Splenda®Sugar Blend (or 1 cup of regular sugar)
1 glass Nutella (yes, I went there... I used the entire thing. There goes my attempt on trying to cut back on calories! Of course, you can cut back on this as much as you can. I just didn't feel like it.)
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs

Beat cream cheese (I used a hand mixer) in a medium bowl until smooth. Add sugar and sour cream, mix again until combined. Add eggs one at a time. Finally, stir in the vanilla with the Nutella and beat it until desired taste. I always recommend to taste as you go. I usually want it to be sweeter, and I also want the Nutella flavor to shine. :)

Bake for at least 40-50 min at 325F until the center is slightly jiggly. I usually underbake mine and the center is always smooth and not all cheesecake like but that's the part I reserve for myself. ;) And, don't worry if the cheesecake cracks, because you'll be topping it off with marshmallows.

Topping


2 1/2 cups of mini marshmallows
graham cracker crumbs (optional)

As soon as you take the cheesecake out of the oven, pour the marshmallows on top of the cheesecake and allow them to melt. Let the cheesecake cool for at least 3 hours in the fridge (or if you are like me, you put it in the freezer until the bottom of the dish no longer feels hot!) .


If you have a blowtorch, now is the time to use it! After the cheesecake has cooled, torch the marshmallows until golden on top.

If you don't have a blow torch, put the cheesecake to broil for a few minutes, being careful not to burn the whole thing.

For serving, you can sprinkle some graham crackers on top and maybe add some chocolate drizzle if you're feeling creative.


Final step: stuff your face. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment