Home

22.4.12

Almond Oatmeal




I need to stop, I know, but I can't. I'm obsessed with oatmeal lately and even though my boyfriend doesn't like them (because he says he's not a horse to be eating oats, and he says it's too sweet that it should be for dessert) I know, that deep inside, he does like them and some day I'm sure, he'll come to love them.

I'm in my quest of finding the perfect oatmeal. I haven't found it yet, but I will, I will... I hope I will!


Almond Oatmeal 
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
pinch of salt
1/4 cup almonds, chopped
1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons Splenda brown sugar blend
3/4 cup old fashioned oats
1 and 1/2 cups of milk (if almond milk is available, then give it a try! I didn't.)

In a small skillet, melt butter until it is bubbly. Add the chopped almonds and stir until covered completely by butter. Lower the heat on the skillet and add 1/2 tablespoon of the brown sugar. Keep stirring.

In a small saucepan, bring the milk to a low boil and add the pinch of salt, oats, vanilla, almond extract, cinnamon and the rest of the sugar. Keep stirring. When your almonds have become fragrant, add them to the oatmeal and keep stirring until desired consistency has been reached.

Om nom nom!




No comments:

Post a Comment